Are you in a new relationship with a man but find yourself questioning whether he is right for you?Have you ever thought or noticed signs your partner is cheap?
Do you find yourself making excuses not to go out with him?
If there are signs of trouble early on in the relationship, you might be dating someone who is not right for you. If any of the following signs are present, there is a good chance the dude you are dating is a dud.
1. HE BRINGS A COUPON ON A DATE If he pays for every meal with a coupon, your date is either auditioning for an episode of TLC’s Extreme Couponing or he is a dud. Fellows who refuse to spend cash on their dates are likely to exhibit the same cheapskate behavior as your relationship progresses. Unless you too are a spendthrift, you might want to consider whether this guy is right for you.
2. SMELLS LIKE HE TOOK A BATH IN AFTERSHAVE If your fellow smells like he took a bath in his aftershave cologne, he might not be the man you are looking for. Unless you like your eyes watering while trying to enjoy or meal or a movie, you might want to start looking for the exit door (or at least an open window for ventilation).
3. HE IS RUDE TO YOUR SERVER Guys who are rude to waitstaff are to be avoided like the plague. If he is rude to restaurant servers, chances are he will be rude to you as you get further along in your relationship. Basic manners are not something you turn off and on depending upon a person’s job.
4. COMPARES YOU TO HIS MOM If he compares you to his mother on a frequent basis, your date might have mother issues. Admiration for his mother is one thing; obsessing over her is quite another. Unless you want to spend the rest of your relationship being compared to his mom, it might be time to cut your losses now.
5. COMPARES YOU TO HIS LAST GIRLFRIEND The same theory holds true if your fellow compares you to his last girlfriend. Building a trusting relationship should not be based upon whether you measure up to his past romances or not. Staying in a relationship with someone who makes you feel like you never quite measure up can be detrimental to your self-esteem.
While all relationships are a work-in-progress, there are sometimes signs of trouble to big to ignore. If any of these relationship warning signs are present, chances are the fellow you are dating is not right for you. Listen to your gut instincts before you decide to continue dating someone you think is not right for you.
You May Also Like: